- Read 20 minutes each night, log in planner
- Math practice on IXL
- Practice spelling words (as needed)
January 18-22, 2021
The Class Pet
Unit 3 Story 3
Focus: words with –es
- The bus ride was very nice.
- Dan wishes he had his kite.
- We sang with my friends.
features = a distinctive attribute or aspect of something
mature = to grow older and become adults
natural = existing in nature and not made by people
swoop = to fly down through the air suddenly
tumble = to fall helplessly
crumple = to bend something out of shape and wrinkle it
nibble= to eat in small bites or in small pieces
nudges= to touch or push gently
wriggle = to twist from side to side with small quick movements like a worm
January 25-29, 2021
Frog and Toad Together - The Garden
Unit 3 Story 4
Focus: words with –ed
- Jenny dropped the ball again.
- Mom asked Clark to be home soon.
- Sam called us to plan a trip to the farm.
High Frequency Words:
- gardener = someone who grows plants
- sprout = to make new leaves or branches
- shade = an area of darkness, out of the sun
- destroy = to cause something to end or no longer exist
- dim= not very bright
- sprinkling= a small amount of something scattered around
- humongous = very very large
- nature= physical world and everything in it (such as plants and animals)